As someone who has lived in the same room i their parents house since they were 3, I'm not going to lie as my departure date approaches I'm switching from excited to anxious to shit scared, and back again.
In Kitchener I'm going to be living alone and working full time at the magazine, as well as hopefully working a part time serving or retail job. So as therapy for myself and for you for no particular reason you are now going to be treated to my list of excitements and fears about my going away to the foreign land of Kitchener, Ontario.
1. I'm terrified that I won't meet any friends out there. I'm need people to talk to, my professional training is to be a social person. Get your skype accounts set up Winnipeg.
2. Im stoked to see how a real magazine is put together and get some relevant experience in one of the fields I would love to work in.
3. I get my own bathroom. And kitchen. And TV. I'm terrible at sharing. This is awesome.
4. I'm a terrible cook. I may be eating KD and grilled cheese all summer.
5. What if I forget something major at home?! I'm not a good packer!
6. Who will I go to concerts and dinners with? I can't spend all my time alone in my apartment, I know i'll go stir crazy.
7. I just hope I'm able to figure out technicalities of living fast enough to spend most of my time relaxed. Driving routes, grocery stores, a gym, the nearest Tom Hortons..... those things you can't live without
8. Getting a break from my job right now will be so refreshing. I've been at the same part time job for just over 2 and a half years and I need a break to do something differet with my life.
9. I'm nervous about the fact that I won't have a back-up plan if something goes wrong. My family and friends aren't going to be there to catch me. I've always considered myself an independant person but 've never actually tried anything like this.
10. I'm going to miss Janey so much!!
All in all I'm soooo excited to start my new job, I think it'll be an amazing experience and life lesson... I'll miss Winnipeg more than I think I realize right now but I'll be back before you know it.
Check out :
Vertical - www.verticalmag.com
Canadian Skies - www.skiesmag.com
MGMT - Time to Pretend. Because I feel like it. Cheers!