Tuesday 8 May 2012

Waterloo

So Lindsay, how's Kitchener?
Well golly thanks for asking!

Well turns out I don't actually live in Kitchener. I live in Waterloo. What's the difference? I don't really know. The hip people here call this place KW. (Kitchener/Waterloo) but they talk about Kitchener and Waterloo like it's 2 separate places. They also claim that there is a clear divide between the Kitchener side and the Waterloo side, but I can't seem to find it.

I've also heard it being called the tri-cities? ... counties? I don't know. I think that includes Cambridge.

In short I don't really know where I am. I got lost in the exact same way 2 days in a row. Maybe I'll make it home from work in less than an hour tomorrow.

My GPS doesn't like me. 

I spent 2 days unpacking and organizing all my stuff into my room and when I had finally settled I found out that they had accidentally put me in the wrong room and another tenant was moving in that day. So I moved again. That was fun.

It actually wasn't that bad. It's not like I have anything to do here.

The plus side of not having anyone to hang out with here? I've gone to the gym every day since Saturday! Nothing else to do! Operation get abs is a go.

The gym and the lounges and the laundry room in my building are beautiful... I'll post pictures when I get the chance.

I haven't frequented the laundry room yet besides my day 1 tour. It's getting hard to avoid doing laundry as I only own 2 towels.

I ran out of food that isn't Kraft Dinner today.

Skittles cost exactly the same amount as milk

People here talk about Winnipeg like it's some booming metropolis.

Driving in downtown Toronto is the worst.

Writing articles about aviation is hard when you don't know anything about aviation.

I should have stayed in Writers Craft. I have the worst grammar.

My boss brings his dogs to work and it's the best thing ever.

The dog next door barks in the middle of the night. It's the worst thing ever.

There are really cute guys at the gym in my apartment.

Too bad I'm a really ugly workout-er.

I've been pretending to be a sports fan to make friends with my roommate.

It's easier than pretending to be a computer fan.

... So that's Waterloo. 


 




No comments:

Post a Comment