Wednesday 11 April 2012

Rejection

My IPP got rejected for the second time yesterday morning, and anyone who has been in earshot of me over the past two days will have heard extensive bitching and moaning about it.

Needless to say I haven't been handling it very well.

For all the non-CreComms out there an IPP is your Independent Professional Project.
Its a project of our choosing that we work on from now until about February of next year that has to be completed in order to graduate CreComm. Think of it as the equivalent of your thesis I guess.

Well before starting this project we write detailed proposals about them, and present them to a panel of our teachers to get approved or rejected.

As I was rejected for the second time I have gone through the following stages over the past 24 hours:

1. Throw yourself a pity party

I hosted mine in an edit suite on the second floor of the college.
There was tears, chocolate, and depressing music.
It was a wonderful 3 hours of feeling sorry for myself


2. Consider alternate career paths.

....cry a little more.


3. Disregard showering

 In this faze the general public can deal with the fact that I did not shower this morning. That's what bandanas are for. I was too sad to care about getting out of bed more than a minute before I had to leave for school.



4. Hug cute things



5. Reenergize

I unnecessarily took a 2 hour power nap in the middle of the day today, and followed it by pounding back a jumbo Redbull.

Time to get psyched and get back on the IPP horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment